Friday, January 9, 2009

Surgery went well...

I went in Wed. morning for my follow up visit. The nurse removed my eye patch, did a little clean up and the doctor came in and said it looked great. He also noticed that the bubble that he put in my eye last month was still there, so I was instructed to lay down on my right side for one more week. The bubble is like an added bonus to ensure that the retina will stay in place:)

My eye is still swollen shut and absolutely not for the weak stomached to look at. I have no white in my eye...it's pretty yucky looking but will get better and look normal in time:) I have my next follow up appointment on the 21st! But plan on shooting the weekend before...thank God it's not my camera eye!

Thanks for all of the prayers and support. I have had great caretakers in my boyfriend and his family over the last month, so I am very grateful for that and lucky to have them in my life! :)

Sara

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad everything went ok! :-)

Stacey J. said...

So glad everything went well. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Brooke said...

I'm really glad everything went well with your surgery! Hope you are better soon!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Happy to hear that all is progressing well and that it's not hurting your photography.

Sending hugs

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well. I hope your vision returns to normal very soon!