Friday, January 16, 2009

My retina is Beautiful!

Today I had another follow up appointment with my doctor. It was actually a last minute appointment b/c I was worried my eye may have an infection, but thank God it didn't:)

In fact, as my doctor was looking at my retina and the buckle...he proclaimed "It looks beautiful!", as if he were so proud and patting himself on the back and what a comfort that was. Yay... me and my eye, and yay to my wonderful doctors, Dr. Nanda and Dr. Hubbard! It's a great feeling to hear your doctor excited about the work he had done and about the success he had performing the surgery. Very comforting indeed!

Right now, you could compare the vision in my left eye to looking through a very frosted piece of glass, but much better than seeing all black like it was. It will continue to heal and my vision will continue to improve. It will be worse than before, but I will be able to wear contacts and then I'll be as good as new!!! Now...it still looks ugly on the outside but it's the inside that counts :) Thanks again for all of your prayers!

Sara

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Good news! I'm glad to hear your better.