Friday, January 2, 2009

Retina Surgery, Take 2...

I had my follow up eye appointment today with Dr. Nanda. Shortly after the surgery, I was so thrilled because I could tell it had worked. Then a few days ago, I noticed my vision getting worse in the upper nasal side of my eye. When I covered my right eye with my hand, I could only see about 1/3 of what I should be seeing...pretty scary, so I knew something was not right. My fear was confirmed today by Dr. Nanda. I have a new retinal detachment at the 4 0'clock position in my eye which is causing my new vision problem.

On Tuesday, I will be having the scleral buckle surgery at 7am. This is the same surgery I had in April 2006 on my right eye. In the meantime, I will be surfing the web looking for some answers. I just don't understand how someone my age is having such problems. I did have Lasik done in 2001 for my severe nearsightedness and know that nearsightedness can lead to retinal detachment. I will pray to God that I don't have to deal with this the rest of my life.

For those of you who are waiting on orders, I apologize. Those of my clients who know me well, know that I have a very quick turn around time, so this is out of the ordinary for me and driving me nuts that I can't get the orders processed and delivered. I hope you all understand:)

I will keep in touch and keep the blog updated on my progress as best I can. Thanks to everyone who has given me support through this. It has been a trying time and is about to test me more next week! I will stay positive and be back soon, that I am determined to make happen.

Along with getting in the way of my work it is also interfering with my plan to visit my family in Wisconsin this month and may also lead to problems with my Albuquerque work trip I was planning in February:( Oh...but there is one good thing...I no longer have to lay down on my right side!!! Amen to that!

Happy New Year everyone:) Hug those around you and be thankful for even the smallest things in life:)

Sara

11 comments:

Debra Marques-Unsell said...

We will continue praying for you. Please let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! I am so sorry you are having to go through this! We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey! I am soo sorry for your trials. I really do hope that in some miraculous way you will be able to look back on this and see God's hand at work. I will be praying for you.

Kara/Daystar

Brooke said...

We are sorry to hear this problem has returned. We will be praying for you Sara!

I'm glad to hear you'll be in New Mexico February!! Exciting!

Anonymous said...

So sorry that this happened again. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Sara. You will be in my prayers. Please let me know if you need anything!
Diane

Sara Hurt (Biese) said...

Thank you so much everyone:) Your support and prayers are much appreciated!

Nicole said...

Sara, I am so sorry to hear that!!! You are in my thoughts & prayers!!!

Stacey J. said...

Wow, you are in my prayers. Can't imagine what this is like for you. Take care!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

I hope your surgery goes well & you have a speedy recovery for it. I will be thinking & hoping everything goes perfect for you!!!

Wendy said...

I will be pulling for you tomorrow!! Good luck & I pray you have a speedy recovery with an end to your eye issues. Take care of yourself!!! Love ya! Hugs!!!