Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Two brothers and two amazing parents...

I have to say this shoot touched my heart like no other. I witnessed two parents who absolutely amazed me with their love, kindness, patience, understanding and faith. Ben, the oldest boy, is autistic and Eliot, the youngest, has Pheiffer Syndrome.

Ben simply amazed me with his agility on his therapy ball. I surely would have hit the floor more than once if I bounced like he did. He was a pro!!!

It took just a little while for Eliot to open up and give me some awesome smiles. I think he really enjoyed it and I enjoyed it so much as well. He made me smile from ear to ear.

We really wanted to get a family shot, but as some of you who are familiar with austism know, things can change quickly, so we opted to do a candid shot in my living room. I love the candidness of the shot because it shows love and reality. Sometimes things aren't as we may want them or expect them, but we take what God has given us, we accept it, love it and do the best we can.

If you know anyone who has a child or children with special needs, I ask that you support and pray for them. God gave these children to this set of parents for a reason. A reason that was so apparent to me. It all comes down to LOVE! Enjoy!



























No comments: